Friday, April 17, 2009


This is such a common sight; it gets nauseating after awhile, but I am grateful for having a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in. Some of the pushers have holed up again, a few nights ago a crack head ran into the street,full of traffic, stripped off her clothes and began scratching at the "bugs" on her. Her sister went after her and after a few nerve wracking minutes was able to get her back inside the room. Another urban moment. It is so sad so many kids have to grow up in this environment. There are so many good people I have met, but the odds are just not that good to get out of this situation. But odds and statistics did not make me, in fact I came into this world with a lot of odds against me. I will survive, so the song says. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment